Register before June 18 to save!
Take advantage of our early bird registration rates now available until June 18 and save. Don't forget to book your favourite social activities as some are already sold out!
COM 2019 Hosting Copper 2019
is offering over 400 presentations, 6 professional short courses, 2 industrial tours and a social program. Get inspired and plan to be there!
PLENARY SPEAKERS – Update
• Steve Amos, Head of Projects, DRC Projects at Ivanhoe Mines
• Steven Higgins, Senior Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer, FCX; President, Freeport-McMoRan Sales Company Inc.
• Dale E. Andres, Senior Vice President, Base Metals, Teck Resources Limited
• Jia Mingxing, Chairman, Nonferrous Metals Society of China
• Patricia Mohr fomer Vice-President, Economics & Commodity Market Specialist, The Scotiabank Group
• Carlos R. Risopatron, Director of Economics and Environment, International Copper Study Group
• Thomas Bünger, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Board, Aurubis AG
• Elizabeth Bryce, Regional Medical Director for Infection Control, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute
• Nelson Pizarro, Executive President, Codelco
Metsoc, the 58th annual Conference of Metallurgists (COM 2019) and CIM are honoured to host Copper 2019, marking a milestone in the International Copper Conference Series with the 10th Edition. The success and outcome of the Copper Conference is the work of the six leading International Professional Societies (IIMCh, GDMB, MMIJ, TMS, SME, MetSoc) who tiredlessly persever in bringing forth symposia of the highest quality to the delegates.
Abstract submission Deadline :
November 30, 2018
Abstract Approval Deadline:
January 15, 2019
Draft Paper Submission Deadline:
March 01, 2019
Final Paper Submission Deadline:
April 30, 2019
Oral and Poster Author Registration Deadline:
May 15, 2019
Branded the largest international copper event this conference will be held in Vancouver 2019 and will mark the 10th edition of this conference series.
Topics will include:
- Mining & Geology
- Mineral Processing
- Electrowinning & Electrorefining
- Sustainable Development, Health & Safety, and Environment
- Process Control
- And more!
For more info visit http://com.metsoc.org/
History of the International Copper Conferences
1st; 1987 in Viña del Mar, Chile
2nd; 1991 in Ottawa, Canada
3rd; 1995 in Santiago, Chile
4th; 1999 in Phoenix, USA
5th; 2003 in Santiago, Chile
6th; 2007 in Toronto, Canada
7th; 2010 in Hamburg, Germany
8th; 2013 in Santiago, Chile
9th; 2016 in Japan
The Metallurgy and Materials Society of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (MetSoc-CIM) , Canada
Society of Metallurgists and Miners e.V. (GDMB), Germany
Chilean Institute of Mining Engineers (IIMCh) , Chile
The Mining and Materials Processing Institute of Japan (MMIJ), Japan
The NonFerrous Metals Society of China (NFSOC), China
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS), United States
Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (SAIMM), South Africa
Society for Mining, Metallugy, and Exploration (SME), United States